We recognize that our primary asset is our people and we are continuously looking for individuals with dedication and passion for their work.
Universal is an equal opportunity employer that offers a rewarding work environment with competitive salaries and benefits.
Since 1957, Universal Contracting Corporation has been involved in the construction of many landmark projects in the Tri-State area. We are now looking for a highly motivated individual to fill our need for a project management position. The position would be based out of our main office in Cincinnati, OH. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary, a full benefits package, and an opportunity for career growth.
Our project managers are responsible for the overall completion of a project from preconstruction to final closeout of the project. They are responsible for managing the daily details of the project that may occur, inclusive of safety, subcontractor performance, coordination with the project superintendent, and any changes to the contracts. Estimating abilities is a plus.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the owner’s contract and coordinate field supervision to ensure that all quality and cost control measures are in place.
- Negotiate subcontractor and material buyouts.
- Preparation of a schedule for the project.
- Manage job including all subcontractor coordination, conflicts, and change orders.
- Attend all project meetings.
- Ensure that the project stays on schedule and that the delivery date is attainable.
- Be able to project the overall costs of the project on a monthly basis to ensure the financial viability of the project.
- Perform project closeout.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Capability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Self-motivated with good attention to detail.
- 3-7 years of experience preferred.
- Ability to build and maintain strong and amicable working relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, Project Management software and Job Costing.
- No travel would be required.